THE Netflix of #BLACKBUSINESS #URBANEVENTS PROMOTIONS. Create a Profile at WWW.BFHSNETWORK.COM for us to start promoting your business.
A leader is created and the whole process starts inside the most dangerous place you’ll ever encounter – your own mind.
How can you become a strong leader who inspires others, drives people toward excellence, holds people accountable, and instills a sense of trust? Learning what makes a great leader is your first step.
Here are some things you can do to become the leader you’ve always wanted to be:
1. Control yourself: Every great leader in history has had to become a master of self-discipline and willpower in order to stay focused on the big picture. If you don’t have a goal or the drive to achieve it, you can’t lead others to attain theirs.
2. Be clear about your goals: If the people you’re leading don’t completely understand the deeper meaning in their work, they won’t share your vision or work ethic. Every step of the way, communicate with your team to make sure they’re on the same wavelength and know what you expect of them.
3. Praise highly and criticize constructively: The way you praise and criticize others can make all the difference in being able to lead effectively.
4. Know your people: You can’t truly lead a group of people unless you truly understand their hopes, dreams, struggles, pains, and goals. All the good intentions in the world mean nothing unless you have a true sense of the people you’re working with.
5. Make the hard call: There are times when you have to bite the bullet and make some unpleasant decisions. Firing, demoting, and holding people accountable for their actions can be very hard at times. As a leader, it’s your responsibility to handle these matters.
Regardless of where your leadership role takes you, believe that you can be a strong leader. Remember that in order to lead others, you must be disciplined yourself. After all, your actions will speak louder than anything you can say.
In order to gain the respect of others, strive to lead by example in every area of your life.
When you follow these simple guidelines, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a true leader!
For more blogs, visit: http://nickthecoach.wordpress.com/